This is our agency’s most important fundraising event of the year. It is not about bowling. It’s not about bowling skill levels. First and foremost, it is about raising money to support the one-to-one mentoring programs. It costs $1,000 to take a child and volunteer through the enrollment and matching process, and provide match support for the first year.
Bowl For Kids’ Sake is an easy and fun way to make a difference, and everyone can get involved as a bowler, team captain, or a sponsor. It’s a party with a team of friends, family, neighbors, or colleagues. Remember it’s not your skill or your score that counts – it’s your effort! If you care about kids and can spare a little time for fun, then Bowl for Kids’ Sake is right up your alley!
Special Instructions for below:
If you are a going to be bowling in the Adams County or Morgan County Bowl For Kids' Sakes you can ignore these instructions and proceed below.
If you are bowling in Pike County, we have special considerations for you. Please contact BBBS Board Member, Molly Caughlan, or Fundraising & Social Media Specialist, Ryan Flynn, for these extra details before proceeding below with team sign up; 217-243-3821.
How to register a team:
- Find a group of six people to bowl, and appoint a team captain.
- Click the button below that says "Team Registration Form", fill out the form, and email it to us at email@example.com.
- Proceed to the next tab below called "Start Fundraising", and START FUNDRAISING!!
How to start fundraising:
- First, make sure you have completed the team registration and have sent that to us. Once you have done this you will receive a confirmation email from us saying your team has been registered.
- There are two options for fundraising for Bowl For Kids' Sake: 1) You can raise money on your own via in-person conversations with friends and family and you can bring the money raised to us on the night of the event; or 2) You can use the online fundraising system we have set up just for Bowl For Kids' Sake.
- If you plan to use the online system, you can download extra instructions about how to set up your fundraising team and start fundraising HERE.
- If you would rather just donate the $50 required to bowl (includes one game of bowling, shoe rental, and event t-shirt) and opt not to fundraise, you can do so at our donation page HERE.
- As a final option, that is popular among our high school and college students, if you'd like a pledge sheets to collect donations in person, you can download that HERE.
- Click the button below to create your online fundraising page:
- We are always looking for event volunteers! Our Bowl For Kids' Sake volunteers help with our 50/50 raffle, the food, t-shirts and registration table, and other tasks as needed. If you'd be interested in lending a hand, click on the link below and fill out the volunteer form:
Social Media Kit
- Below are graphics that can be used on your social media outlets during our campaign. These are especially useful if you are fundraising on social media and using our online fundraising system.
- Please use the hashtags: #bigbrothersbigsisters, #bbbswci, and #bowlforkidssake2017.